- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 small finely chopped onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce) cans chopped clams, drained, reserving 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan-Romano cheese, divided
- 1 scallion, chopped
- calories 595
- fat 15 g
- satfat 6 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 58 g
- carbohydrate 55 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 146 mg
- iron 54 mg
- sodium 475 mg
- calcium 255 mg
How to Make It
Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the pasta water before draining.
While the pasta cooks, make the clam sauce: In a skillet over medium heat, warm the butter until hot, about 2 minutes. Sauté onion and garlic 1 minute. Add salt and pepper; continue to sauté another minute, or until onion is soft and garlic is fragrant but not browned. Add the drained chopped clams and reserved 2 tablespoons clam juice; stir gently to combine, and simmer.
Add reserved 2 tablespoons pasta water to the skillet with the sauce. Stir sauce, and continue to simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Toss the linguine with olive oil and divide between two bowls. Top each serving of pasta with half of the clam sauce, 1 tablespoon cheese, and a sprinkling of chopped scallion.