This is very tasty and great for family that is watching there carbs. It went over really well and I like to offer this as an appetizer.
Easy Lettuce Cups
Make an easy Asian-style appetizer by filling lettuce leaves with a spicy mixture of ground pork and topping with plum sauce.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 142
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3.3g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 308mg
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground or minced pork
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 16 butter lettuce leaves
- 8 teaspoons plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1. In a large frying pan, heat oil over high heat and add pork. Cook pork, stirring, until starting to brown. Drain excess fat.
- 2. Stir in green onions, allspice, ginger, garlic, and tamari. Cook until green onions are tender, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Place 2 lettuce leaves on each plate. Spoon pork mixture into leaves. Top each with 1/2 tsp. plum sauce and cilantro.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note