This recipe is sooo easy and tastes great. My 12-year-old had a friend over and they made this lasagna as a little project. Looking forward to using this recipe for years to come. One thing to note is that the sauce provides much of the taste, so choose one that you love.
Photo: Beth Dreiling; Styling: Rose Ngyuen
More From Southern Living
Stand Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 (15-oz.) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup refrigerated ready-made pesto
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 (26-oz.) jars pasta sauce
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded Italian three-cheese blend or mozzarella cheese
- 1. Remove and discard casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir together ricotta cheese, pesto, and egg.
- 3. Spread half of 1 jar pasta sauce evenly in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Layer with 3 lasagna noodles (noodles should not touch each other or sides of dish), half of ricotta mixture, half of sausage, 1 cup three-cheese blend, and remaining half of 1 jar pasta sauce. Repeat layers using 3 lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, remaining sausage, 1 cup three-cheese blend. Top with remaining 3 noodles and second jar of pasta sauce, covering noodles completely. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 cups three-cheese blend.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Classico Tomato & Basil spaghetti sauce and Barilla Lasagne Oven-Ready noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes