Easy Kibbeh Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- SOUP INGREDIENTS
- 1 med onion small diced.( hand chop or minced & drained)
- 1/2 head(s) garlic minced or crushed
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 can(s) 8 oz tomato sauce (or one 15oz can)
- 3 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/3 cup(s) lemon juice (from bottle is ok)
- 12 cup(s) water
- 2 1/2 pound(s) turnips 1/2"dice. (Added w/ meatballs )
- MEATBALL INGEDIENTS
- 2 pound(s) hamburger (10% fat is nice)
- 1/2 small onion minced & drained
- 1/2 head(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) baharat seasoning
- FOR SOUP:
- In large stock pot saute the diced onion & garlic in oil.
- Add tomato sauce, lemon juice & water. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer (covered) while you make the meatballs.
- FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- In giant bowl combine the hamburger, onion, garlic, salt & baharat. Using a table spoon or small cookie scoop, roll out meatballs firmly until no cracks appear. Put on plate until finished with all of them.
- Increase soup to medium. Bring soup to a slow boil.
- Meanwhile, peel & chop turnips to a 1/2 inch dice. Set aside.
- When soup is boiling, add 2-3 meatballs at a time to the soup with a slotted spoon. When finished with meatballs, add the turnips gradually so they don't splash.
- Bring back to a slow boil. Cover. Reduce heat to high simmer. Cook 1 hour or until done.
- Serve over Easy Vermicelli & Rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MichelleM227 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy Kibbeh Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes