This is a good frosting recipe that sets up well, allowing cookies to be stored without sticking to each other.
More From Health
- 1 (1-pound) box (3 1/4 cups) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Just Whites (powdered egg whites)
- 1/3 cup water
- Gel food colors
- Decorating sugar, edible glitter (optional)
- Beat powdered sugar and Just Whites in a large bowl with mixer on low speed until combined. Add 1/3 cup water; beat until blended. Increase speed to high; continue to beat 8 minutes or until icing is very thick. Icing can be tinted with paste or gel food colors, as desired. Pipe onto cookies, or thin with a bit more water for spreading.
- To pipe icing: Use a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip, or fill a zip-top plastic bag with icing and snip off 1 of the corners. Pipe icing along the edges of the cookies or in a pattern you like. Immediately sprinkle with decorating sugar or edible glitter, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This