Easy Homemade Cheese
Community Recipe from
- whole milk
- acid (like lemon juice)
- 1. Cook: Heat whole milk slowly in a heavy pot, stirring often. (This takes about 30 minutes, so bring a book).
- 2. Add Acid: Just as it boils, take it off the heat and drizzle in an acid (like lemon or lime juice).
- 3. Ta-DA! Fat white curds - the cheese - form immediately, floating in a greenish whey.
- 4. Drain: Pour the curds into a cheesecloth-lined colander, pull the cloth up around the curds, twist, and squeeze out the whey. Add salt.
- 5. Crumble on soup or salad, or press curds (try a plate and cans) until they're solid. Mix the curds with herbs or spices and try perforated molds for interesting shapes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy Homemade Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Dips/Spreads
More Recipes for Main Dishes