Easy Homemade Biscuits
More From Southern Living
Bake: 11 Minutes
- 1/3 cup butter, softened and cubed*
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1. Cut softened butter into flour with a pastry blender or 2 forks just until butter cubes are coated with flour. Using your hands, gently combine until mixture resembles small peas. Stir in buttermilk with a fork just until blended. (Mixture will be wet.)
- 2. Turn dough out onto a generously floured surface, and pat to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a well-floured 2-inch round cutter, and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, and brush warm biscuits with melted butter. Serve immediately.
- *1/3 cup shortening may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used White Lily Self Rising Flour.
- Easy Cheddar Biscuits: Add 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese to butter and flour mixture just before adding buttermilk. Proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy Homemade Biscuits Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breads