- 1 (16-ounce) package smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 1 1/4 cups BISQUICK Original All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
How to Make It
Brown sausage in a 10-inch deep-dish ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove sausage, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Add onion, carrot, and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in sausage, beans, and chicken broth. Reduce heat, and simmer mixture 6 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, and remove from heat.
Stir together baking mix, milk, egg, and remaining 1 tablespoon thyme with a fork until moistened.
Pour dough evenly over top of sausage mixture in skillet.
Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until golden brown.