Easy Herb & Apple Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole(s) Roasting Chicken (3-4 pounds) Cleaned
- 1 whole(s) Garlic Pod Chopped in half
- 1 Large Green Apple Chopped in chunks
- 1 Large Yellow onion Coarsely cut in quarters
- 4-6 sprig(s) Rosemary
- 4-5 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 10 sprig(s) Thyme
- 2 whole(s) Lemons or oranges Quartered
- Clean and rinse chicken.
- Coarsely chop Apples, onions, garlic and lemons.
- Loosen chicken skin and place half of rosemary & thyme under skin on breast side.
- Stuff cavity of chicken with garlic pod pieces, apple chunks, lemon pieces and remaining herbs.
- Sprinkle remianing apples and onions around chicken.
- Rub the entire chicken with olive oil.
- Sprinkle of chicken skin with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Roast covered in foil on top in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and roast another 15-30 minutes depending on doneness.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SMassie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note