The flavor of freshly made guacamole is hard to beat and it's easy to make your own with avocado, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, lime juice and on-hand spices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Place olive oil and garlic in a mortar, and mash with pestle to a paste. Mash avocado by hand or with a fork in a medium bowl; stir in garlic paste and remaining ingredients. Store in an airtight container; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note