Searching for recipe for chicken thighs last night and found this one almost immediately; did minor changes, as in cooking it stovetop where it only took about 35 min, and using a farmers market fresh packet of snow peas, which I added about 3 min from plating, so they still retained a nice "crunch" factor. Doubled the thyme, using 1/2 when called for and adding the remainder about 20 min from end of cooking time. Also added a dash of red pepper flakes just before serving. Agree with other reviewers who suggest browning the chicken first for more flavor, but it's not a necessary step and does add to your total "hands on" time.
Easy Greek Chicken Casserole
This easy one-dish meal is prepared and cooked in only one pot, saving you space and cleanup. You can decrease the sodium in this chicken casserole recipe by using less anchovy paste or by replacing it with the olives.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 488
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 34.5g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Iron: 7.8mg
- Sodium: 775mg
- Calcium: 250mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups (1/2-inch) cubed red potato (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups (1-inch) cut green beans (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste or finely chopped olives
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 skinned, boned chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the thyme, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add potato; sauté 8 minutes or until potato begins to brown. Stir in green beans, water, anchovy paste, and tomatoes. Remove mixture from heat. Nestle chicken thighs into potato mixture. Top with feta cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note