Prepared as directed, though the recipe does not specify which type of olives to use. I used green olives, but not sure it would matter, they were cut so small. The potatoes and beans were still a little crunchy after an hour in the oven. This is a very large amount for 4 people, easily making 6-8 servings for us. I could have used fresh thyme and I think it would be better, but probably won't make again as not that impressive. Actually much better the second day, warmed up, after the flavors have more time to meld. Served with warmed pita bread.
Easy Greek Chicken Casserole
This easy one-dish meal is prepared and cooked in only one pot, saving you space and cleanup. You can decrease the sodium in this chicken casserole recipe by using less anchovy paste or by replacing it with the olives.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 488
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 34.5g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Iron: 7.8mg
- Sodium: 775mg
- Calcium: 250mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups (1/2-inch) cubed red potato (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups (1-inch) cut green beans (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste or finely chopped olives
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 skinned, boned chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the thyme, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add potato; sauté 8 minutes or until potato begins to brown. Stir in green beans, water, anchovy paste, and tomatoes. Remove mixture from heat. Nestle chicken thighs into potato mixture. Top with feta cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note