Notes: If making gravy up to 1 day ahead, cool, cover, and chill. To reheat, stir over medium-high heat until steaming; or heat in a microwave-safe container in a microwave oven at full power (100%), stirring often, until steaming. To Transport: Carry hot gravy in a thermos.
This recipe goes with Turkey with Chili-Sage Glaze
More From Sunset
- Calories: 27
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 2.3g
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Cholesterol: 2.1mg
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves or dried rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 quarts fat-skimmed chicken or giblet broth
- 8 to 10 tablespoons cornstarch
- Fat-skimmed drippings from oven-roasted or barbecued turkey
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine onion, thyme, sage, and butter. Stir often over high heat until onion is lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, blend about 1/2 cup broth with the cornstarch. Pour remaining broth and the turkey drippings into pan with the onion mixture. When it boils, add the cornstarch mixture, a portion at a time, until gravy is as thick as desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note