- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves or dried rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 quarts fat-skimmed chicken or giblet broth
- 8 to 10 tablespoons cornstarch
- Fat-skimmed drippings from oven-roasted or barbecued turkey
- Salt and pepper
- calories 27
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- protein 2.3 g
- fat 0.9 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- carbohydrate 2.3 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- sodium 26 mg
- cholesterol 2.1 mg
How to Make It
In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine onion, thyme, sage, and butter. Stir often over high heat until onion is lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
In a small bowl, blend about 1/2 cup broth with the cornstarch. Pour remaining broth and the turkey drippings into pan with the onion mixture. When it boils, add the cornstarch mixture, a portion at a time, until gravy is as thick as desired. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional analysis per 1/4-cup serving.