I mix 3 to 4 eggs(not substitute) 1 tea vanilla 1/8 teaspoon orange extract (not orange rind) plus Grand Marnier along with the milk all together pour over the bread. I also put pecan or walnut on top the syrup mixture then put the bread on top pour over the bread. Its really great.
Easy French Toast Casserole
This easy french toast casserole is a rich and decadent addition to any breakfast or brunch table. If you don't want to use the orange liqueur, you can substitute 1 to 2 teaspoons of orange juice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 352
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Carbohydrate: 58.1g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 466mg
- Calcium: 191mg
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 large eggs
- 6 (1 1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread
- 6 tablespoons frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier (orange-flavored liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes or until bubbly and sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Pour sugar mixture into bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of pan. Set aside; cool completely.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (through eggs) in a large shallow bowl; stir with a whisk. Dip 1 bread slice in milk mixture; arrange bread slice over sugar mixture in dish. Repeat procedure with remaining 5 bread slices. Pour any remaining egg mixture over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While casserole bakes, combine whipped topping and Grand Marnier. Place 1 bread slice, caramel side up, on each of 6 plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon topping and 1 teaspoon pecans.
French bread with a soft crust works best because it is easier to cut. Omit the liqueur in the whipped topping, if you prefer. Garnish with a fresh strawberry or orange slice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note