very good and both kids liked them as well. super easy to make!
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage*
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (7.76-oz.) can tomatillo salsa, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (6-inch) fajita-size corn tortillas**
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups refrigerated fresh medium-heat tomato salsa
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 11 to 14 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove sausage from skillet using a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
- 2. Sauté onion and garlic in hot drippings over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in sausage, 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa, and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro.
- 3. Place 2 tortillas between damp paper towels. Microwave tortillas at HIGH 15 seconds. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas.
- 4. Spoon about 1/3 cup sausage mixture evenly down center of each softened tortilla, and sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp. cheese; roll tortillas up, and place, seam sides down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Lightly coat tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until tortillas are crisp.
- 6. Stir together 2 cups tomato salsa, 1/2 cup chicken broth, and remaining tomatillo salsa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour salsa mixture over tortillas, and top evenly with remaining cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
- *Ground pork sausage may be substituted.
- **8 (6-inch) fajita-size flour tortillas may be substituted, omitting Step 3.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used La Costeña Green Mexican Salsa for tomatillo salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes