very good and both kids liked them as well. super easy to make!
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage*
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (7.76-oz.) can tomatillo salsa, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (6-inch) fajita-size corn tortillas**
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups refrigerated fresh medium-heat tomato salsa
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 11 to 14 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove sausage from skillet using a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
- 2. Sauté onion and garlic in hot drippings over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in sausage, 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa, and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro.
- 3. Place 2 tortillas between damp paper towels. Microwave tortillas at HIGH 15 seconds. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas.
- 4. Spoon about 1/3 cup sausage mixture evenly down center of each softened tortilla, and sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp. cheese; roll tortillas up, and place, seam sides down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Lightly coat tops of tortillas with cooking spray.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until tortillas are crisp.
- 6. Stir together 2 cups tomato salsa, 1/2 cup chicken broth, and remaining tomatillo salsa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour salsa mixture over tortillas, and top evenly with remaining cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
- *Ground pork sausage may be substituted.
- **8 (6-inch) fajita-size flour tortillas may be substituted, omitting Step 3.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used La Costeña Green Mexican Salsa for tomatillo salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note