I used beef and made it for a dinner party. It was awesome. I don't know if I will ever roll tortillas for enchiladas again.
Easy Enchilada Casserole
Make an easy Mexican recipe that's sure to please everyone at your dinner table. Pair with rice or a side salad for a delicious weeknight dinner.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (19-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapeÃ±os
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (10-ounce) package 6-inch corn tortillas
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken*
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- Sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender. Stir in next 6 ingredients. Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon one-third of sauce mixture in bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Layer with one-third of tortillas, half of chicken, and 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers with one-third each of sauce mixture and tortillas, remaining chicken, and 1 cup cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, sauce mixture, and 1 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- *2 pounds lean ground beef, cooked, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles