I was so looking forward to this recipe and unfortunately it was a big disappointment. Too much cheese; too rich.
Easy Creamy Spinach
We streamlined this rich dish inspired by reader Georgette Dugas by using frozen chopped onions and spinach.
More From Southern Living
- 2 (9-oz.) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped onions, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (6-oz.) package spreadable Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Drain thawed chopped spinach and thawed chopped onions well, pressing between paper towels.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add spinach, onions, and minced garlic, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in spreadable Swiss cheese and next 3 ingredients until smooth (about 4 minutes). Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used The Laughing Cow Original Creamy Swiss Flavor Spreadable Cheese Wedges.
- Easy Creamy Collards: Substitute 1 (16-oz.) bag frozen chopped collard greens, thawed, for frozen spinach, and 1/2 cup milk for sour cream. Increase initial cook time to 8 minutes or until collards are cooked to desired degree of tenderness. Prepare recipe as directed, stirring in 2 tsp. sugar with cheese.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pictsweet All Natural Chopped Collard Greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note