- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 27 small soft caramel candies (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated skim milk)
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix with pudding (such as Pillsbury)
- 7 tablespoons reduced-calorie stick margarine, melted
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat chocolate baking chips
- calories 122
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 4 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 1.6 g
- carbohydrate 20.4 g
- fiber 0.4 g
- cholesterol 1 mg
- iron 0.5 mg
- sodium 224 mg
- calcium 34 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine skim milk and candies in a bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until caramels melt and mixture is smooth, stirring with a whisk after every minute. Set aside.
Combine sweetened condensed milk, cake mix, margarine, and egg white in a bowl; stir well (batter will be very stiff). Coat bottom only of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; dust lightly with flour. Press two-thirds of batter into prepared pan using floured hands; pat evenly (layer will be thin).
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Drizzle caramel mixture over chips; carefully drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over caramel mixture. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until done. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.