Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) kidney beans i used dry, but canned works too
- 1 pound(s) ground beef or turkey
- 1 can(s) sloppy joe mix big can, i used one that had meat added
- 1 whole(s) medium onion chopped
- 1 package(s) chili seasoning I actually used taco seasoning becasue that was all I had
- 4 ounce(s) salsa or spaghetti sauce I used the spaghetti sauce
- 1 dash(es) salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar optional, I prefer sweet chili over spicy
- If you are using dry kidney beans, wash, soak, cook and drain as directed on the package, then set aside. In a frying pan, combine ground beef or turkey, chopped onion, half of the chili seasoning, and salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Cook until meat is browned and onion is transparent.
- In a large pot, combine kidney beans, sloppy joe mix, remaining chili seasoning, cooked meat, salsa or spaghetti sauce, sugar and more salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Cook on a low heat until warm. (Best if it sets overnight to combine all flavors.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by arzanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note