Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) kidney beans i used dry, but canned works too
- 1 pound(s) ground beef or turkey
- 1 can(s) sloppy joe mix big can, i used one that had meat added
- 1 whole(s) medium onion chopped
- 1 package(s) chili seasoning I actually used taco seasoning becasue that was all I had
- 4 ounce(s) salsa or spaghetti sauce I used the spaghetti sauce
- 1 dash(es) salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon(s) sugar optional, I prefer sweet chili over spicy
- If you are using dry kidney beans, wash, soak, cook and drain as directed on the package, then set aside. In a frying pan, combine ground beef or turkey, chopped onion, half of the chili seasoning, and salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Cook until meat is browned and onion is transparent.
- In a large pot, combine kidney beans, sloppy joe mix, remaining chili seasoning, cooked meat, salsa or spaghetti sauce, sugar and more salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Cook on a low heat until warm. (Best if it sets overnight to combine all flavors.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by arzanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes