I have made this chili recipe countless times, especially for large casual dinners and as a meal to take to families with a recent birth or death. I have always received compliments with this recipe. It is a classic feel-good chili recipe that satisfies a wide range of palates. If you think someone may want a spicier chili, just have some tabasco sauce on hand.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (16-ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Place mixture in 5-quart slow cooker; stir in beans and remaining ingredients. Cook at HIGH 3 to 4 hours or at LOW 5 to 6 hours.
- Notes: If you want to thicken this saucy chili, stir in finely crushed saltine crackers until the desired thickness is achieved.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy Chili Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes