This chilli is excellent,quick,and easy. I added some fresh tomatoes,green peppers,and onions. I also added black beans,kidney beans, and pinto beans. I added some cumin as a previous review wrote and some onion powder. The family loved it they even went back for seconds and the men had thirds.
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (16-ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Place mixture in 5-quart slow cooker; stir in beans and remaining ingredients. Cook at HIGH 3 to 4 hours or at LOW 5 to 6 hours.
- Notes: If you want to thicken this saucy chili, stir in finely crushed saltine crackers until the desired thickness is achieved.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note