This salsa isnt the pace salsa or the salsa you're probably used to, this is my dad's recipe and is a yummy chile nonetheless. Also, this has a strong onion flavor so if you'd like, you can only use half an onion to start offf. Depending on the size of jalapenos you use (smaller ones are hotter) this is a mild to upper mild/hot chile
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 large can of whole peeled tomatoes (i believe the 28 oz cans)
- 1 whole(s) onion peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1 bunch(es) cilantro, small stems cut off as much as possible
- 1-2 jalapenos stems cut off
- 1 tablespoon(s) kosher salt/to taste
- In a blender, put in this order, tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeno, salt and cilantro all in at once. Blend together until chunky or smooth, whatever your preference is. Taste for salt then store in a tupperware container. If you want more heat just reserve about 1/2 cup and add in another pepper, blend then mix with the rest of the batch.
- WARNING. if you do make this and serve it be SURE NOT TO PUT IN HOT SPOONS OR ANYTHING INTO THE CONTAINER!!! because the tomatoes and everything else is not cooked it will spoil if you do introduce a hot substance into the chile. So always use a clean/cold spoon to serve the chile with.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by USMCRDWives and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy chile/salsa-stefanie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments