Easy Chicken Paprikas
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 704
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 58g
- Fat: 46g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 784mg
- Cholesterol: 201mg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (6 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chicken (4 lb.), cut in 8 serving-size pieces, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 green pepper (6 oz.), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tomato (8 oz.), rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1. Set a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add oil, onion, and salt. Lower heat to medium and stir occasionally until onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 2. Add chicken pieces. Cook, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- 3. Add green pepper, tomato, and paprika. Stir, then cook, covered, over low heat for 30 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken.
- 4. Skim fat from pan and increase heat to medium-high. Cook uncovered until liquid is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 15 minutes.
- 5. Stir cornstarch into the sour cream. Add mixture and chicken to pan and cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes, until everything is hot and the sauce has thickened.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes