I thought this was a great fajita recipe. I followed the recipe exactly as written and served it with refried beans and rice. It was easy to make and a great weeknight meal.
Easy Chicken Fajitas
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil, divided
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut across into strips
- 1 recipe Fajita Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large onions, slivered
- 3 bell peppers (one each of green, yellow, and red is prettiest, but not essential), slivered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 fajita-size flour tortillas, wrapped in a cloth and warmed in the microwave 1 to 2 minutes
- Salsa and sour cream for serving (optional)
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken strips and cook, stirring a couple of times, until almost cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Add half of fajita seasoning and water, mix well, and let chicken finish cooking. Transfer chicken to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- 2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet until hot. Add onions and peppers; cook, without stirring, until tender and some caramelized brown bits begin to show up in pan, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir; add garlic and remaining fajita seasoning. Let cook about 2 more minutes. Stir vegetables into seasoned chicken. (Or serve the vegetables separately.)
- 3. Serve the fajita mixture on warm tortillas with salsa and sour cream on the side, if using.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes