- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil, divided
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut across into strips
- 1 recipe Fajita Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large onions, slivered
- 3 bell peppers (one each of green, yellow, and red is prettiest, but not essential), slivered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 fajita-size flour tortillas, wrapped in a cloth and warmed in the microwave 1 to 2 minutes
- Salsa and sour cream for serving (optional)
How to Make It
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken strips and cook, stirring a couple of times, until almost cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Add half of fajita seasoning and water, mix well, and let chicken finish cooking. Transfer chicken to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet until hot. Add onions and peppers; cook, without stirring, until tender and some caramelized brown bits begin to show up in pan, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir; add garlic and remaining fajita seasoning. Let cook about 2 more minutes. Stir vegetables into seasoned chicken. (Or serve the vegetables separately.)
Serve the fajita mixture on warm tortillas with salsa and sour cream on the side, if using.