Easy Chicken & Dumplings
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Chicken
- 4 whole(s) Carrots sliced
- 4 stalk(s) Celery sliced
- 1 box(es) Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup(s) Butter
- 1 whole(s) Onion chopped
- 5 whole(s) Garlic cloves diced
- 6 cup(s) Water
- 2 Chicken Bouillon cubes
- 1 package(s) Poultry Blend Fresh Herb Mix from produce section tied together
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) Flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) Baking Powder
- 1 bunch(es) Baking Soda
- Herb Blend removed from chicken broth
- In a large stock pot saute onions and garlic in butter until softened
- Cut up chicken in to 8 pieces and add to pot
- Stir in chicken stock, water and bouillon cubes
- Add carrots, celery and black pepper
- Tie poultry blend herb mix together and add to pot
- Let simmer 1 hour or until chicken falls off bone
- Remove chicken from pot and debone when cool
- Remove herb blend from pot and set aside for dumplings
- Add deboned chicken back in to pot
- For dumplings:
- In medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder with fork.
- Make a well
- Add 2 to 3 cups Chicken stock from pot
- Chop up removed herbs and add to flour mix
- Stir with fork until well blended
- Shape dough in to teaspoon size balls, dust in extra flour and add to pot one at a time. Careful that the dumplings don't touch or they will stick together.
- Simmer everything together for another 15 minutes and enjoy!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Johannas and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note