This may be the best home made soup I have ever made. I added onions & a clove of garlic and saute the vegetables a bit to soften them. I also only used 3 biscuits. It was delicious!
Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 1 (32-oz.) container low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (10.2-oz.) can refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; return to a low boil.
- 2. Place biscuits on a lightly floured surface. Roll or pat each biscuit to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- 3. Drop strips, 1 at a time, into boiling broth mixture. Add carrots and celery. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking.
One roasted chicken yields about 3 cups of meat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note