Chicken was very chewy and beading was so soggy it was like paste... The best was the ham and Swiss...
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
Save time when making this easy Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe by topping the breaded chicken with the ham and Swiss cheese instead of rolling them up inside the chicken pieces.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 (5.5-ounce) box seasoned croutons, crushed
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 thinly sliced smoked ham slices
- 6 Swiss cheese slices
- Honey mustard dressing (optional)
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over chicken; set aside.
- Combine seasoned crouton crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a large zip-top plastic bag. Whisk together egg whites and 2 tablespoons water in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg white mixture, and drain. Place 1 breast half in bag; seal and shake to coat. Remove to a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Top each breast half with 2 ham slices and 1 Swiss cheese slice. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with honey mustard dressing, if desired.
- Prep: 20 min., Bake: 25 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes