- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 (5.5-ounce) box seasoned croutons, crushed
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 thinly sliced smoked ham slices
- 6 Swiss cheese slices
- Honey mustard dressing (optional)
How to Make It
Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over chicken; set aside.
Combine seasoned crouton crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a large zip-top plastic bag. Whisk together egg whites and 2 tablespoons water in a shallow bowl.
Dip chicken in egg white mixture, and drain. Place 1 breast half in bag; seal and shake to coat. Remove to a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, and repeat with remaining chicken.
Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Top each breast half with 2 ham slices and 1 Swiss cheese slice. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with honey mustard dressing, if desired.
Prep: 20 min., Bake: 25 min.