Easy Chicken Broth
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 41
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 5.6g
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 1.3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 32mg
- Cholesterol: 1.5mg
- About 2 lbs. chicken bones (from 1 large chicken) or chicken wings
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1. Put all ingredients in a large pot and add 4 qts. water. Bring to a boil and spoon off any foam that forms on top. Reduce heat and simmer until broth is reduced by half, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- 2. Pour mixture through a strainer into a bowl and let broth cool; discard what is in the strainer.
- 3. Use broth, or ladle it into quart-size freezer bags or containers (great for soup) and/or ice cube trays (handy for sauces), and freeze for up to 6 months; transfer the cubes to bags once they're solid.
Nutritional analysis is per cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews