I have been making this dish for weeknight suppers for years. It is so yummy and delicious. Great flavors. .
Easy Chicken Adobo
Inspired by the Philippine national dish, this Easy Chicken Adobo uses a simple blend of garlic, vinegar, and soy sauce to give chicken a zingy boost. Traditional adobo sauces are commonly enriched with coconut milk, and the dish is frequently made with pork. But for everyday cooking, we like this lighter, simpler version. Serve with rice.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 251
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 1501mg
- Cholesterol: 138mg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, then turn over and cook an additional 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- 2. Pour off all but 1 tbsp. of pan drippings and return pan to low heat. Add garlic and sauté until soft, about 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate. Return chicken to pan and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 3. Uncover, increase heat to medium-low and cook 15 to 20 minutes more, occasionally spooning sauce over chicken, until sauce thickens a bit and chicken is tender and nicely glazed with sauce. Remove bay leaf before eating.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note