I was skeptical of this since it used refrigerated dough (not to mention how UNhealthy refrigerated dough is for you) but made it because it was so easy and the positive reviews for a social gathering. I didn't even bother serving them. They were really bland.
Easy Cheesecake Squares
Prep: 25 minutes; Cook: 25 minutes; Chill: 1 hour. Chill the bottom layer of dough to help the cream cheese spread more easily.
Yield: Makes 36 squares (serving size: 1 square)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 156mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8-ounce) cans reduced-fat refrigerated crescent dinner roll dough, divided
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- 3. Combine cream cheese and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- 4. Unroll 1 can of dough, and press into bottom of pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough.
- 5. Whisk egg white in a small bowl. Unroll second can of dough, and place over cream cheese mixture. Brush top of pastry with egg white.
- 6. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over pastry. Bake 25 minutes, or until pastry is golden and puffed.
- 7. Chill in refrigerator 1 hour, or until cool; cut into squares. Store up to 3 days in fridge.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This