Easy Cheese Sauce
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
This recipe goes with Sweet Potato, Cauliflower, and Greens Casserole
Yield: Makes 3 1/2 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth*
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. Bring vermouth and garlic to a boil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until vermouth is reduced to 1 Tbsp.
- 2. Whisk together half-and-half and cornstarch. Whisk half-and-half mixture, salt, and pepper into vermouth mixture; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until mixture is thickened. Add pepper Jack cheese. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Remove from heat, and use immediately.
- *Dry sherry may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note