Easy Cheese Sauce
Our Easy Cheese Sauce is spiked with vermouth and part of the hefty layers in Sweet Potato, Cauliflower, and Greens Casserole.
This recipe goes with Sweet Potato, Cauliflower, and Greens Casserole
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth*
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. Bring vermouth and garlic to a boil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until vermouth is reduced to 1 Tbsp.
- 2. Whisk together half-and-half and cornstarch. Whisk half-and-half mixture, salt, and pepper into vermouth mixture; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until mixture is thickened. Add pepper Jack cheese. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, whisking constantly, 1 minute or until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Remove from heat, and use immediately.
- *Dry sherry may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note