Easy Cheese-Garlic Rolls
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 144
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 4.1g
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 234mg
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound (1 loaf) thawed frozen white or whole-wheat bread dough or homemade bread dough
- 2/3 cup shredded longhorn cheddar or sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Mix butter, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese.
- 2. On a lightly floured board, pat, roll, and stretch dough into a 12- by 16-inch rectangle. If dough springs back, let rest a few minutes, then continue to shape.
- 3. Spread garlic-butter mixture evenly over dough. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheddar cheese.
- 4. From a 16-inch edge, roll dough to enclose filling. Cut log of dough crosswise into 16 equal rolls.
- 5. Setting on cut sides, evenly space rolls in a buttered 9- by 13-inch pan.
- 6. Cover pan lightly with plastic wrap. Let rolls rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size, 25 to 35 minutes. Remove wrap; sprinkle rolls with remaining parmesan and cheddar cheeses.
- 7. Bake in a 350° oven until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in pan on a rack about 5 minutes. With a wide spatula, lift rolls from pan and serve warm or cool.
- Nutritional analysis per roll.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This