Easy Cheese Danish
- 2 can(s) ready to use refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar (for glaze)
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk (for glaze)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla (for glaze)
- Preheat oven to 350* degrees and grease a 13X9-inch baking pan. Lay a pack of crescent rolls in the pan and pinch the openings together. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and egg together until smooth. Spread the mixture over the crescent rolls evenly and then lay the second pack of crescent rolls on top of the cheese mixture and brush with egg white. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden brown. Top with glaze (1/2 C powdered sugar, 2 T milk, 1/2 t vanilla well mixed together) after cooling for 20 minutes.
- Kitchen Notes:
- I have made this danish using low fat cream cheese and splenda (sugar substitute) and it was delicious! Also, the amount of filling the original recipe calls for makes a VERY heavily filled danish. I have halved the filling using 1 package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 whole egg, and a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and it was still very good. If you use the half filling method, bake for closer to 30-35 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Beasley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note