EASY CHEESE DANISH
Community Recipe from
- cream cheese
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese at room temp.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place a sheet of parchment paper on cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Open the crescent rolls carefully so as not to tear the dough. Do not unroll...you will need to leave it in it's cylindrical shape. Slice the dough into pieces about 1/4 inch thick (as though you're slicing cookie dough). Place the slices on a cookie sheet. Now press the center in to make an indentation for the cream cheese filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, regular sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and sour cream. Add a dollop of the mixture to the indentation you made in each circle of dough. I find that about a tbsp works well, but you can use as little or as much as you like.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes. While the danish are baking, you can make a quick royal icing to drizzle over the tops.
- Drizzle for top:
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- Mix together the confectioner's sugar, milk and butter in a small bowl. Use a spoon to drizzle it over the tops of the danish, or you can put it into a small zip-top bag and snip of the corner for an easy "piping bag."
- Take the danish out of the oven and allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes before icing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
EASY CHEESE DANISH Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts