Easy Cheddar Biscuits
More From Southern Living
Bake: 11 Minutes
- 1/3 cup butter, softened and cubed*
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1. Cut softened butter into flour with a pastry blender or 2 forks just until butter cubes are coated with flour. Using your hands, add cheese, and gently combine until mixture resembles small peas. Stir in buttermilk with a fork just until blended. (Mixture will be wet.)
- 2. Turn dough out onto a generously floured surface, and pat to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a well-floured 2-inch round cutter, and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, and brush warm biscuits with melted butter. Serve immediately.
- *1/3 cup shortening may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used White Lily Self Rising Flour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads