Easy Cheddar Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor 4 or 5 times or until dry ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add shredded cheese and shortening, and pulse 4 or 5 times or until mixture is crumbly. With processor running, gradually add milk, and process until dough forms a ball and leaves sides of bowl.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; shape into a ball.
- Pat or roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place on baking sheets.
- Bake biscuits in 2 batches at 425° for 10 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads