Absolutely tantalizing. Some nights I do not want to go through the hassle of cooking, especially when meat is involved. That is when I break out this handy Caesar Dressing recipe and it never failed to disappoint. I use Anchovy Paste instead of the whole little guys, I don't want to be biting into one. It only takes a few minutes to whip up and the yummy salad it rich and doesn't make me feel guilty. Will definitely make this one again.
Easy Caesar Salad
Old-fashioned Caesar salad dressing recipes typically call for raw egg yolks, but the yolks in this version are cooked. They're heated with the other dressing ingredients so there's less risk of the yolks scrambling.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 102
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 306mg
- Calcium: 94mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 ounces French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 canned anchovy fillets, patted dry and finely chopped
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 (10-ounce) package chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic. Remove pan from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Remove garlic from oil with a slotted spoon; discard garlic.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Drizzle bread with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; toss to coat. Arrange bread in an even layer. Broil 6 inches from heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring after 1 minute. Turn oven off. Place pan on middle oven rack; close oven door.
- Add juice and next 6 ingredients (through egg yolk) to remaining oil in pan. Cook over medium heat 30 seconds or until mixture thickens and begins to bubble around edges, stirring constantly. Pour mixture into a small bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Add egg mixture, cheese, and pepper; toss gently to coat. Add bread; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note