I made this on top of the stove instead of in the crock pot. I substituted the okra with green beans and I used leftover cooked turkey in place of the chicken. All in all I thought this was a good recipe and something that I would make again. It was easy to put together and a good weeknight dinner.
Easy Brunswick Stew
More From Southern Living
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast (Boston Butt)
- 3 medium-size new potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (18-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Trim roast and cut into 2-inch pieces. Stir together all ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours or until potatoes are fork-tender. Remove pork with a slotted spoon, and shred. Return shredded pork to slow cooker, and stir well. Ladle stew into bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews