I made this on top of the stove instead of in the crock pot. I substituted the okra with green beans and I used leftover cooked turkey in place of the chicken. All in all I thought this was a good recipe and something that I would make again. It was easy to put together and a good weeknight dinner.
Easy Brunswick Stew
More From Southern Living
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast (Boston Butt)
- 3 medium-size new potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (18-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Trim roast and cut into 2-inch pieces. Stir together all ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours or until potatoes are fork-tender. Remove pork with a slotted spoon, and shred. Return shredded pork to slow cooker, and stir well. Ladle stew into bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note