This is my go-to recipe for a quick hearty meal or providing dinner for a friend. I usually use chicken BBQ and add 4 cups broth, some frozen okra and a cup of chopped ham as well. Delicious!
Easy Brunswick Stew
Try this Brunswick Stew recipe for an easy and delicious meal your family will love. One of our users raved - "I am a NC girl and I grew up on brunswick stew! This tastes great and is so easy to make. I like to use the vinegar based sauce with this recipe. It gives it a true NC kick!!!"
More From Southern Living
- 1 (1 pound, 4-ounce) package refrigerated diced potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen shoepeg corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 pound shredded pork barbecue with sauce*
- Bring potatoes and broth to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; stir in pepper. Reduce heat to medium; boil 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and remaining ingredients; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, 30 minutes or until heated.
- *1 (18-ounce) container refrigerated shredded pork barbecue may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note