Love this recipe. Great taste and lots easier than my classic recipe.
Easy Brunswick Stew
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
More From Southern Living
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash browns, thawed
- 3/4 pound barbecued pork, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, at HIGH 6 hours and 30 minutes.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Ore-Ida Southern Style Potatoes adn Texas BBQ Southern Style Pulled Pork Barbeque with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note