this was my first experience with brining a turkey, this was easy and results were excellent.
EASY BRINE FOR SMOKING/ROASTING
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 quart(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) garlic
- 11/2 cup(s) canning or kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1. In a large bucket or container large enough to hold your turkey, mix together the water, salt, garlic, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Store in a refrigerator, and soak turkey for 2 days before smoking or roasting.
- It was cold enough outside that I put it in a bucket with a lid, placed a cinder block on top and kept it on the porch for two days, it never got above 30 degrees outside so it was perfect!
- Rinse and pat dry, cook or smoke as usual
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Myp8nts and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
EASY BRINE FOR SMOKING/ROASTING Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes