Delicious! This is probably the best cobbler recipe that I have made. Not too sweet or doughy and very easy. I wish I had doubled the recipe because it dissapeared very quickly. Plan on using fresh peaches tomorrow for a family reunion. Yum!
Easy Blackberry Cobbler
Photo: John O'Hagan; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Make the easiest blackberry cobbler ever using fresh berries plus 5 more ingredients. To make it special, top with whipped cream and a mint garnish.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Garnish: fresh mint sprig
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place blackberries in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice. Stir together egg, sugar, and flour in a medium bowl until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over fruit. Drizzle melted butter over topping. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired. Garnish with fresh mint sprig, if desired.
- For a neat presentation, bake for the same amount of time in 6 (8-oz.) ramekins on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This