really, how hard is it to stir fry the fresh ingredients. i am tired of recipes that treat a jar of mushrooms (with preservatives and salt) as an alternative to fresh. i mean they already come sliced and take 4 minutes to saute.
Easy Beef Stroganoff
This easy beef stroganoff is the perfect weeknight meal. The ingredients come together fast for a dish that will impress the whole family and become a crowd favorite.
More From Real Simple
Other: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 642
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 174mg
- Sodium: 1018mg
- Carbohydrate: 71g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 31g
- 1 12-ounce package egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 4- to 4.5-ounce can or jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 10-ounce packages fully cooked beef strips
- 1 8-ounce container sour cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons steak sauce
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and salt and cook for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and bell pepper (if using) and cook for 5 minutes. Add the beef and cook until warmed through, about 8 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and steak sauce and stir the mixture into the beef and mushrooms. Divide the drained noodles among individual plates and top with the stroganoff.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note