Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff
More From Progresso™ Recipe Starters™
- 2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 2x1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy portabella mushroom cooking sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles, if desired
- 1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook beef in oil 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Remove beef from skillet; drain. Wipe out skillet with paper towel. In same skillet, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is almost tender.
- 2. Stir in cooking sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Simmer uncovered 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- 3. Stir in sour cream until well blended; stir in beef. Heat just until hot. Serve over noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes