- 1 12-ounce package egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 4- to 4.5-ounce can or jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 10-ounce packages fully cooked beef strips
- 1 8-ounce container sour cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons steak sauce
- calories 642
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fat 23 g
- satfat 10 g
- cholesterol 174 mg
- sodium 1018 mg
- carbohydrate 71 g
- fiber 4 g
- sugars 6 g
- protein 31 g
How to Make It
Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and salt and cook for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and bell pepper (if using) and cook for 5 minutes. Add the beef and cook until warmed through, about 8 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and steak sauce and stir the mixture into the beef and mushrooms. Divide the drained noodles among individual plates and top with the stroganoff.