Easy Baked Eggs
The eggs will continue to cook after they are removed from the oven, so don't overbake if you like them soft.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham or prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups firmly packed baby kale or spinach leaves
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook ham slices in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute on each side (to remove excess water). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Add kale, and cook 1 minute or until wilted.
- 3. Place ham in bottoms of 4 (6-ounce) lightly greased ramekins. Top evenly with kale mixture. Break 1 egg into each dish; top each egg with 1 tablespoon cream, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Place ramekins on a baking sheet, and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until eggs are set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes