Easy Apple Tart With Ol' South Custard
Photo: Beth Dreiling; Styling: Cari South
More From Southern Living
Other: 27 Minutes
- 12 to 14 Rome or Braeburn apples (about 7 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Ol' South Custard
- 1. Peel and core apples; cut in half lengthwise. Toss together apples and sugar; place in a 12-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet.
- 2. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, 20 to 30 minutes or until apples soften and start to caramelize.
- 3. Unfold and stack pastry sheets on top of each other on a lightly floured surface. Roll to a 12-inch square. Place on top of cooked apples, with pastry corners overlapping sides of skillet.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or until dark golden brown.
- 5. Cool on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes. Carefully invert tart onto a serving plate; remove skillet. Cut tart into wedges, and serve with Ol' South Custard.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts