- 2 1/2 pounds Granny Smith or Golden Del Apples Peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar Reduce to 2 if Gold Del
- 3/4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
How to Make It
Place apples on bottom of lightly greased pan. Add OJ, half the salt, cinnamon, and granulated sugar (to prevent apples turning brown during preparation) and toss in bowl.
Mix brown sugar and margarine. Add dry ingredients (incl 1/8 tsp of salt) and using fork fold together.
Sprinkle on top of apples evenly.
Bake in oven at 350 degrees, middle rack for 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool on rack for at least 30 minute before serving.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or your favorite whipped topping.