These are excellent cookies. top is "cracked", outside crisp, inside chewy, although if you leave them in a little longer they will be all crisp. I used combo semi,milk,white chips and nuts. Freeze well.
Easiest-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Parchment paper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add flour; beat at low speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate morsels. (If desired, store dough in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.)
- 2. Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined or lightly greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 11 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. (Bake chilled dough 12 to 13 minutes.) Cool on baking sheets on a wire rack 5 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts